Sunday, August 3, 2014

August 2014 Release - Flora & Fauna 2

Welcome back to the August 2014 Release. Kara here to share a project showcasing the new Flora & Fauna 2 stamp set as well as the Strictly Sentiments 5 stamp set. Flora & Fauna 2 is a set full of beautiful butterfly, hummingbird, and floral images.

I was blown away by the stunning watercolors Dawn shared on Instagram and Facebook using this set. While I'm building those skills I can still achieve beautiful results by stamping the images 'as is' to create a clean and simple design.

I stamped the 3 sizes of butterflies in several shades of PURECOLOR Dye Ink, slightly overlapping from largest {at the bottom} to smallest {at the top} to create the feeling of movement or flight.

I used the 'Happy Birthday' sentiment from Strictly Sentiments 5 stamped in black ink to push the images to the background and make the sentiment stand out.

Recently, I have started to pay attention to the long neglected inside of the card. I added a single butterfly image and secondary sentiment to tie the inside and outside together.

Flora & Fauna 2 has a companion die set that will be available on 8/5/14 as well. While I didn't use the dies on this project, I did use them on another card I'm sharing on my blog today. I'd love for you to come by and check it out!

I hope you are enjoying the release so far. What's your favorite set?

Giveaway Alert

Chupa has some inspiration to share with you as well over on her blog. And guess what, she's got some brand new product up for grabs too! Be sure to check out her blog for details and to enter to win!

Featured Supplies - available 08/05/14

Flora & Fauna 2
6x8" Clear Stamp Set
$21 USD

Strictly Sentiments 5
4x6" Clear Stamp Set
$14 USD

All Featured Supplies

45 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card. Lovin' the new stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Favourite set:flora & fauna 2- love the butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the flora and fauna 2 set, it's gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!!
    Love the movement you got with this...
    perfect!
    So far my fave...Lucky Stars! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man. How do I choose? Well, Strictly Sentiments has just the font I love and find that, and a great die cut, are just what I love to use for my cards =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful stamping! Love the soft colors! Can't pick a fave - they are all awesome and I want each one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOWOWOWOWOWOW!! LOVING this BEAUTY!! This is a HARD one they are ALL AWESOME!! I think that Flora and Fauna 2 and the Strictly Sentiment 5 are the two that I NEED the most though!! =) THANKS so much for sharing and for the chances to win!! Have a Fabulous Weekend!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Kara! I love the decorated inside too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful showcase of the new sets...love those butterflies! Choosing a favourite out of this stunning release IS a challenge, but if I have to select only one, I'll go with Strictly Sentiments 5...and Flora and Fauna. It's a tie *grin* Thanks for the chances to win and the fabulous inspiration!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card, and I just love this new stamp set, it's perfect for watercoloring or for a more clean & simple card. Congrats on another awesome release!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a beautiful card and I am loving this new stamp set and die!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful! Gorgeous butterflies and love the sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving the Butterfly set and the color combo on the card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Do I have to have a favorite? I think they're all lovely must-haves. That butterfly card is lovely, as well. Love the color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful butterfly card. My fave set is Flora & Fauna 2--I am a nature lover.

    ReplyDelete
  16. both great cards..on your blog too...I was in amaze from Dawn's coloring with the butterfly too..such gorgeous colors..would love to see how she did that!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such nice sizes of butterflies in this set:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a wonderful, beautiful card. The images are amazing. Strictly sentiments is my favorite. Love your products and website.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This card is so well done. I love the outline stamping and the sentiment .

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE this card. Those butterflies are so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those butterflies are amazing! Love your card and the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card Kara!! My fave is Flora & Fauna 2 - I am beyond excited about the hummingbirds, which are my mom's favorite bird :) She'll be getting lots of cards with the stamps in that set !!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card, Kara! I know I'm going to love this set. The butterflies are wonderful and I'm totally in love with the hummingbirds!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very pretty cards...love the flora and fauna set but also the Lucky Stars set.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the Flora and fauna stamp set and the greetings set. Matching dies are like frosting on the cake. I loved the simplicity of your card
    Elegant comes to mind!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love what Kara did with the butterflies.....beautiful! The colors are stunning!

    Sherry in MI

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous card! Love the colors of those pretty butterflies. That sentiment set rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This might be my favorite set - I have been waiting for hummingbird stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  29. So very pretty! Love the CAS design!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a beautiful stamp set! And I love the Strictly Sentiments stamp sets, this latest is the perfect addition.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Sweet card! I love those butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  32. It's beautiful Kara! Love those sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  33. This set is truly beautiful and stunning. Incredible artwork. And beautiful cards to showcase them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flora and Fauna 2 is my favourite of this release :) and the strictly sentiments set is a close second :)

      Delete
  34. So Cute! Love the color combo! I think my favorite so far is Lucky Stars!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love these light and airy stamps. Very nice color palate. Off to see some more.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful card. These Flora and Fauna set is lovely and would be nice to colour. I think they are my favourite of the release.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful cards! I love the Flora and Fauna 2 stamp set so far!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow ! Butterflies..are always lovely..Beautiful card n loved the inside too :)!

    ReplyDelete
  39. These are some amazing cards ... Wow's

    ReplyDelete
  40. Oh my this is a stunning set I love it and you showcased it so well ,I really love it thank you...

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest