Friday, August 8, 2014

VIDEO: More Flora & Fauna 2

Happy Friday!

I am back as promised with a couple of projects and more videos featuring the newly released Flora & Fauna 2 stamp set. As I mentioned, I am a bit obsessed with watercoloring. I hope you don't mind! These are by far my most requested video tutorials, but if there is something else you would like to see, please leave it in the comments below.

This first card is definitely a bit more time intensive than the card I showed you yesterday. In yesterday's card, the coloring method involved laying down color with a Distress Marker and blending it with a damp paint brush. Today's first card uses traditional watercolors and Distress Markers together.

This method provides some AMAZING results. However, it is a bit more tedious and time consuming. The technique itself is not difficult once you get the hang of it, but it does take a little practice. If you already enjoy coloring, you will love this technique. With a little determination and practice, you can do it!

You can watch below for a step-by-step on achieving similar results. This was my practice run, and the featured card was my second attempt. So you can see that each result turns out unique, and you'll learn something each time you try it.

Watch above or in HD at YouTube

These images are perfect for this method. The images have just enough detail to serve as a guide, but not so much that they get in the way. You really have room to stretch your creative muscles.

This next set of cards is easy.

Seriously. Simple and easy.

If the first technique seems intimidating, this is a good one to start with. You will get a good feel for the movement of the color as you lay it down. (although I know that you can tackle both!)

Watch above or in HD at YouTube

I told you! I did not edit out much of the painting process in the video. Both cards took about 20 minutes to complete from start to finish, including drying time. The more loose and free you are with these, the better the results.

I finished all three cards with sentiments from Hand Lettered Thanks and mounted them to a card base.

I hope you enjoyed today's post. As always, thanks for stopping by and visiting! You can find a complete list of supplies for all cards below.

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Featured Supplies: Hummingbirds

Featured Supplies: Butterflies

44 comments:

  1. Gorgeous , gorgeous ! I can’t wait to watch the video! I am so happy I have these stamps and i cannot believe how fast I got them!. Thank You, Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for doing these videos!! Love these cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Simply stunning creations!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the video. Your colouring are so great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your videos are just wonderful, Dawn! My stamps and dies arrived today! I'm always so pleased by your quick service. It will be such fun to 'play' this weekend! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW..gorgeous! Always love looking at your watercoloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful cards, they truly look like works of art!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! You are amazing - thank you for sharing the video. I'm going to try this - I am sure I'll end up with a blob, but practice makes perfect - [isn't that what they say :)]

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love watercolor and the stamps make it so much easier. Thanks for sharing all the details in your video. That stamp set is on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, you make it look so simple. The best explanation I've seen. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dawn you are so inspiring and so amazingly talented, I adore your work and your amazing company..keep the water colouring videos coming :) hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing cards, Dawn! Thanks so much for sharing the awesome videos. My order arrived today--wow, so fast! I can't wait to try the stamps. The hummingbirds are larger than I expected which should make it easier to practice some watercoloring techniques. You have provided so much inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Finally!! I finally found the time to watch your videos, Dawn - and I loved them both! You make it look so easy! I ordered this set the minute it was available and it was in my mailbox when I got home today - can't wait to play! Thank you so much for sharing your amazing talent with all of us! Gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome cards..n I am eager to watch the videos..Thanks a lot for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dawn - I am blown away, once again! Just received my stamps - cannot wait to put them to good use! Thanks again!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous cards, fabulous videos, amazing products! I'm saving up for an order for sure!! Thank you for sharing your amazing creativity with us!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another gorgeous card and thanks so much for the video.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much Dawn. I have just watched both videos and really enjoyed them. When it is lighter tomorrow, I will definitely be having a go at the techniques you have shown us as I love the cards you made.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just wonderful - the cards are gorgeous and the videos... I could watch all day (but then I wouldnt get any stuff made then would i? LOL) Thank you for taking the time to make them. Now I'm going to have to come back and order the Flora & Fauna sets. I just ordered the Lucky Stars and the shipping was so fast - had it on Friday. That's customer service!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous videos, Dawn! Simply stunning results.

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG! These are just amazing, just stunning. Can't wait till this set is back on the shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Outstanding, Dawn! The videos were so helpful, your step-by-step instructions and demos made me feel like I could pull off similar results. (You are so super skilled, though!!) It also looks like it would be really relaxing, can't wait to give it a shot myself!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! Thanks for the great demo--I love that the designs started as rubber stamps, will help give me confidence to know that I can start with a simple stamp--and then water color from there. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Stunning cards! I especially LOVE the hummingbirds!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh gosh... I'm blown away. They are stunning!! Would love to try it out and hope I won't be too disappointed with the results :P Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are gorgeous! So soft and delicate! I am going to give this a try for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am in awe. These watercolors are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful watercoloring and a nice technique! I've been doing watercolor for years - it's amazing how many variations of techniques there are, especially with the introduction of Distress products!

    ReplyDelete
  29. WOW - just came from Jennifer McGuire and so glad I did. Can't wait to watch the rest of your videos and read the blog. Your instructions were so good and I have subscribed.

    ReplyDelete
  30. AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME as usual Dawn!! =) I SOOOOOOO LOVE your Videos and when you paint!! I just LOVE watching how EASY you make it look!! =) I would LOVE to try this~we'll see if I get to!!?? THANKS SO MUCH for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh my what beautiful work you do. Envious. I really must try this.

    ReplyDelete
  32. So gorgeous! I need to give this a try--thanks so much for the how-to's :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh my goodness! I have to tell you how WONDERFUL your work is!!!! I was directed to come over from Jennifer McGuire's Blog. I watched both of your video's! THIS IS SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! THANK YOU for showing us!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is so inspiring! I love these images. Such a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  35. You are seriously amazing! These cards are BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the stamps - definitely going on my always-growing wish-list! I, too, LOVE, watercoloring, and can totally see myself using these stamps for lots of things (though you make it look sooo easy...not sure I can do it as well!).

    ReplyDelete
  36. Exquisite watercoloring! Beautiful cards, Dawn! Thx for the videos. I'm so glad Jennifer added your link to her blog post on the 11th. :D

    ReplyDelete
  37. I am so loving your watercoloring series on youtube. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge with us.

    And the Wplus9 stamps work so well with watercoloring. Love them

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love your watercoloring, it looks so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thanks for another wonderful video,you make it look so easy! I am going to try this today!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I just can´t put into words how much I loved it! Thank you for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Thanks so much for doing these videos , These watercolors are beautiful. I loved it

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest