Monday, June 27, 2016

GUEST ARTIST FEATURE: Kay Miller

Hello Friends! Kay Miller from My Joyful Moments here today, and I am super excited to be here on the Wplus9 blog! I have been a huge fan of Dawn's for several years, ever since I discovered Wplus9.

I have a card to share with you today using some gorgeous products that I just love! I don't think I'm the only one who fell head over heels in love with the Free Hand Florals stamp set. I am also using an older set, Lacey Layers, which I've had in my stash for a long time that I dearly love! It's so great for layering and building collage type cards.

So for my card, I started by watercoloring the background using a light tan dye ink on watercolor paper. When this was dry, I splattered some more of that same color ink around. I let this dry well. I then stamped two of the medallions from the Lacey Layers set with that same tan dye ink that I used for the watercoloring. I adhered these to my watercolored panel with foam tape.

I then stamped the roses in three different shades of pink and the leaves in two shades of green. I cut those out with the companion dies. After arranging them just perfectly, I adhered them with foam tape.

The sentiment is from the Strictly Sentiments 2 stamp set. I stamped it in the same tan dye ink that I used on the medallions, and cut it out with a banner die. I adhered this just under my cluster of roses with foam tape. I felt like my card still needed something under the banner for balance, so I added one more bunch of the green leaves just underneath.

I adhered this whole panel to an A2 size top folded white card base and added a few clear sequins.

I hope you have enjoyed my post today and are inspired to create something beautiful! Thank you so much for stopping by, and a huge thanks to Wplus9 for having me for a guest!

Featured Supplies

How amazingly talented is Kay! I want to extend a heartfelt thank you to Kay for showcasing Wplus9 in such an amazing way. I have been a fan of Kay's work for quite some time, so it was extremely humbling to have her as a guest. It has definitely been our pleasure, thank you so much Kay!

For your convenience, here is a list of the Wplus9 supplies that Kay used on her project today, along with links to purchase.

18 comments:

  1. I love Kay Miller's work and I am happy to see her as a guest here today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say, I really love the color combination Kay used here. It's so cozy and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love the watercolour background ... and the peeping doily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kay, your work just brings tears to my eyes...this is SO AMAZINGLY beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dawn you always have the best of the best card artists ... and who wouldn't want to play with these gorgeous florals??!!! Beautiful card, Kay - and look at you working the tan - in a totally beautiful way!!! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Kay! I love your color combo and the watercoloring splatter background and Lacey Layers. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card, I wish there was a video. I have the FreeHand Florals, but I am really struggling lining them up, I can't get mine to look like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely stunning Kay! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So gorgeous..love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow.. What a beautiful card! Great use of these lacy stamps. I love this set!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is adorable...you are super talented!
    Cristina
    thehouseoftheblackbirds.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am loving the soft, yet super stunning beauty of this card - the accents and details you have added just make it SING and It Sing's "The beautiful, talented Kay Miller made me"!!! So phenomenally done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How beautiful!! I love Kay Miller and the way she puts things together. She makes it seem so effortless and I know that is anything but the case. Stunning design!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kay's card is absolutely gorgeous! I love how she paired these beautiful blooms with the Lacey Layers...so pretty! Loving her splattered background, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Totally love this card, and I really love how you've used the simple color-wash and splatters for the background for your floral array to float over. Beautifully done! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. STUNNING!!! Love the card design!!

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest