Monday, December 4, 2017

Vintage Happy Holidays with Joni

Hello Everyone! Joni here sharing some of my favorite holiday stamps from Wplus9. Merriest Wishes, Merry Little Christmas, Holiday Boughs, and Holiday Trimmings.

First, I stamped the elf from Merriest Wishes and colored him with Copic Markers. Next I distressed the background using a sponge dauber using Fairy Dust Dye Ink and distressed the same spot with the Sea Breeze Dye Ink. This give more of a vintage look I am going for.

Then, I splattered the background with Winsor and Vewton gouache in white, to give that snowy background to the card. Next, I finish off the card by stamping the sentiment "Happy Holidays" from Holiday Boughs. I inked the stamp using Versamark ink and heat embossed it using gold embossing powder.

I used the same background technique for the next card. But this time I used the retired Merry Little Christmas stamp set and colored the image with Copic Markers. Although this set is retired, it is always nice to have some fresh inspiration for those that may already own it, right? And ways to use your older stash with newer items is always a plus!

After distressing the card and splattering it, I then stamped the Holiday Boughs on the top of the card. I also added some red Stickles on the ornament and on his hat. I finished off the card with sentiments from Holiday Trimmings and Holiday Boughs.

I hope you've enjoyed this fresh look at these oldie but goodies.

3 comments:

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest