Monday, May 14, 2018

Congrats Grad With Kara ft. The Crew: School Days

Hi! It's Kara and it's that time of year again! The school year is winding down and kids are graduating. The student I have interpreted for over the past 9 years is graduating this year! I am so proud of her, but I'm sad to say goodbye.

I created this card with a mix of elements from Smart Kitty and The Crew: School Days. I started by stamping the one stack of books in the center. I then masked it off and started stamping the stacks in a pyramid formation masking stacks as necessary. In all, I needed 4 masks that I could reposition as needed to create this pyramid of books.

I created one more stack of books. This time I die cut it and popped it up on top of the center stack. I knew I wanted my graduate to stand on that stack to symbolize her education lifting her up into the clouds. The cap from Smart Kitty (now retired, but if you have it in your stash...) it was the perfect size for the girl from School Days! I love how she seems to be waving goodbye too. Off to college!

I added a sentiment from Smart Kitty stamped onto the smallest rectangle from the 4 Bar Stitched Rectangle dies.

I love this one and I hope you do too! Thanks so much for stopping by!

Featured Supplies

For your convenience, here is a list of the featured Wplus9 supplies used on today's project(s), along with links to purchase.

Wplus9 4 Bar Stitched Rectangles Die
Wplus9 4 Bar Stitched Rectangles Die
Shop at:
WP9
Wplus9 The Crew: School Days
Wplus9 The Crew: School Days
Shop at:
WP9
Wplus9 The Crew: School Days Die
Wplus9 The Crew: School Days Die
Shop at:
WP9

3 comments:

  1. You have me wondering what that students native language is, Kara! and had no idea that you did this... what a great job! and now she's off to college about the mountain of knowledge she's gained - from school, and YOU! Congrats to you both... and what a fantastic card [though I have to admit the frog boots were what made me grin!]
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really neat card, Kara! I assume you are an ASL interpreter? If so, kudos to you! I love the colors you used, and how you stacked the books. Tfs! :) ~ Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest